Steps by Steps :
1. Start with a professional haircut to give yourself the best possible starting point for long, healthy hair.
2. Wash and condition your hair as little as possible. The longer you can go without wet, stretchy and cracked hair shafts, the better! Concentrate shampooing on your scalp and conditioning on the ends. Snip off splits if your hair shows signs of it. There’s no need to trim regularly unless you get splits, but when they do, get rid of them!
3. The use of heat products is not recommended. If you must use a hair dryer, use protective products. In general, it’s best to avoid hot rollers, curling irons, or dryers as they damage hair and make long hair less attractive over time. Consider washing your hair at night and letting it air dry instead. Use the cool setting rather than the hot one.
4. At night you can either braid your hair or carefully wrap your head in a silk scarf. There is no need to use hair ties but if you use ones with no metal part.
5. Oil your hair with coconut oil or extra virgin olive oil. Only do this step if your hair is damaged in any way. This step will not grow your hair out.
6. Consider dyeing your hair with henna instead of commercial dye. This will not allow your hair to grow out and is only recommended for people who want to color while they are growing and do not want to damage it with commercial dyes.
7. Join longhair communities and forums to get all the information you need.